Moving equipment between different production sites and setting up your lines is regular business for us.
Below we describe a typical example.
A plant relocation from the Netherlands to South Africa:
In this specific case REITECH SA executed a large-scale palletising system and line relocation project for a top-brand, consumer goods manufacturer.
REITECH SA managed the entire project from the process, structural and mechanical engineering all the way through to final installation of the new line, including the successful start up of the palletising system.
- Palletiser handles 65 cartons per minute
- Sorter conveyor is 75m long with 1400 aluminium slats
- Distribution is into 36 lines serviced by 9 robots
- Up to 36 production machines feed this palletising system
- Pallet handling is fully automated, including wrapping
- It took 2 months to dismantle and pack up. The plant was packed into twenty-five 40 foot containers.
- It took 5 months to re-assemble and commission the plant mechanically and electrically, with a changed layout.
- It required 5 mechanical and 4 electrical artisans, 3 software engineers and 4 labourers to complete the re-assembly and do necessary modifications.